Saturday 15 March 2008

Giant's causeway digression

I just can't hold it in any longer. I've been over at the Beagle Project Blog writing my counter-response to the Causeway Creation Committee's reply to my 2007 post "Not just an American Problem (Part II)". I was really trying to keep the whole science vs. religion thing out of it, focusing instead on science vs. young-earth creationism. But when I read this:
"the philosophical view of the atheistic naturalist scientist (as opposed to the observational scientist) is that human life is of no more worth or value than a dust cloud or a black hole"
...it got personal. Paul, I am getting really, really tired of the claim that the ability to value human life must necessarily stem directly from a belief that human life was purposefully created by a big guy in the sky. It mustn't. In fact, often religiosity correlates with bad behaviour. Get over it.

No comments: